FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
Ear Surgery, Otoplasty, Pinnaplasty, and Ear reduction surgery are some of the other names for the typical cosmetic surgery operations used to correct the size and form of the ear and earlobe. Standard procedures include:
- Pinnaplasty, pinning the ears back
- Ear reduction – making the ears smaller
- Ear Correction, correcting birth defects or injury-related abnormalities in the ears (e.g. by piercing, scar, surgery or cancer)
Many more ear deformities and abnormalities can be treated with Ear Surgery, including but not limited to:
- Reducing earlobes that are too big or highly stretched due to earrings or “ear stretching”
- Reshaping unnaturally shaped cartilage ears
- Enlarging a small ear
- if a child is born without an ear or an ear lobe, rebuilding a new ear.
- Correcting small or remarkable wrinkles
- Otoplasty is a very safe and effective procedure that can enhance the ear’s functionality and aesthetics while also enhancing the patient’s self-esteem.
- The ear is still developing until the age of 6. After the age of 6, even children can have otoplasty surgery.
Ear Surgery Candidates
It is a very common case for children and adults to struggle with having prominent ears.
You might feel insecure and feel embarrassed with prominent ears. Fortunately, an otoplasty can correct the ear and enhance the appearance of the ears.
Otoplasty surgery may be an option for anyone who does not like the shape of their ears. For the younger individuals, it is preffered to undergo otoplasty surgery after age of 6 when the external ear has fully developed. You can say farewell to feeling insecure and say hello to being confident.
If you don’t like the way your ears look, an otoplasty is the ideal solution.
If each of following statements about a candidate is correct, we consider them fit for the procedure:
- Ears that are prominent or protrude
- Asymmetry of the ears
- Excessively large or oversized ears
- Reduced self-esteem related to ear size or shape
- Unsatisfactory outcome from an earlier ear pinning operation.
Benefits of Ear Surgery
The ears are a significant element of the face and ear with proper size, shape, and placement can significantly affect the overall balance of your face and aesthetics.
Benefits may include:
- Improving the ear’s size, shape, and its position;
- Improving ear proportions and restoring symmetry of ears;
- Restoring the ear’s natural shape
- Correcting ears that are misshapen
- Correcting the defective ear structure present at birth
- Raise self-esteem and emotional well-being
Recovery After Ear Surgery
- In the first 24 hours, the procedure is often carried out under local anesthezia or as you are full sedated, and you will be able to go home that same day. After the operation your head will be covered in a thick headband that covers the ears.
- In the first week: You will be given medications to relieve any discomfort you might have within the first week. The headband will be worn in this week. It reduces swelling and retains the ears in their new position. After one week, the bandage and any stitches will removed, and the majority of patients will be able to resume their normal activities and work.
- In the first month: The ears may still appear a little bit protruding and there may still be some bruising and swelling in the first couple weeks.
- Complete recovery: It generally takes six weeks to fully recover after an otoplasty, but to protect your ears, you should stay away from contact sports for three months.
Results from otoplasty surgery to fix prominent ears are almost immediately visible. When the initial stages of recovery are passed and bandages are removed, the final outcome will become noticeable.
The scars will not be visible since they are behind the ear or in the folds of the ear.
If you’re not sure about whether this procedure is right for you, schedule a consultation with our Doctor at EsteStandard. Call us at +90 534 778 90 71 right away for further information about otoplasty surgery or to arrange a consultation. You can send us an email at email@example.com for further information.
Planning Your Otoplasty Operation
Ear Surgery with EsteStandard is just a click away! Only a few steps and a few days to get your hair back!
- Get your free consultation from EsteStandard experts.
- Coordinate with the EsteStandard team. We will organize your accommodation, private transportation and the operation in a five-star hospital in Istanbul.
- Come to Istanbul, meet your doctor and get ready for the operation that will change your life.
Be confident in the treatment plan and your doctor’s abilities, because we set the Standards
Get the answers and assurance you deserve with accuracy you can trust.
We’re committed to delivering compassionate healthcare.
Don’t doubt that you are getting the expert care that you deserve.